18 Fun - and Sober - Things to do in Las Vegas
Jul 30, 2021
This blog was prompted from today's room on Clubhouse, Sober Travels. We talk about so many different topics in our bi-monthly room and this week we shared on fun things to do in Vegas, Baby!...sans alcohol.
I've been to Vegas multiple times, and I must admit I have way more fun going to Vegas sober, quite possibly because I actually remember all of my fabulous experiences.
I have personal experiences with a lot of these, but my co-mod Prakruti, shared some of these fun activities. Drum roll please....
18 Fun SOBER Activities to do in Las Vegas
These are in no particular order. And you may want to come back to this blog, as I will continue updating it as I get more activities to add to the list.
The Neon Museum. If you're a blogger, influencer, YouTuber, or just want a great photo op, you definitely need to go here. If you're an avid lover of historical, vintage Las Vegas signs, this is also a must-do experience. Spend the extra money and do the guided tour to the Neon Boneyard. I recommend going around sunset, do a golden hour shoot, and see the Neon Boneyard show with the music and lights.
Hot Air Balloon Ride. We did this with my niece and nephews. It was so much fun and we all felt super safe. The kids loved it and we all got to take part in setting up the balloon and breaking it down once we landed. The Pilot was super cool and was a great tour guide in addition to his excellent piloting skills.
- Shows!! Holy moly there are so many great shows in Vegas!! I love all of the Cirque one's I've seen (O, Michael Jackson, Le Reve, Beatles), Blue Man Group, and there are other's that I can't think of. There are also a ton I want to see: Magic Mike, Usher, Cris Angel....I could go on and on.
- Hikes. Las Vegas actually has a ton of great hiking options: Mt Charleston has a lot of treks, Red Rock, Lake Mead, and there's a nice hike that isn't too difficult near Hoover Dam too. Which leads me to my next fabulous sober thing to do in Vegas...
- Hoover Dam tour. We did this with our niece and nephews and it was pretty cool. I can't remember all of the fun things we learned, but I do remember going so far down an elevator and seeing some pretty cool things behind the scenes of the Hoover Dam.
- Helicopter tours. So I haven't personally done a helicopter tour in Las Vegas, but I have done them in other locations and they are ahh-mazing! You get to see towns, national parks, and the beauty of Mother Earth from a totally different vantage point. You get some of this scenery from the Hot Air Balloons, but you will cover waayyy more territory with the helicopter tours.
- Linq High Roller. I've done this several times, and at different times of the day. It's cool doing it during the day, but I recommend doing it around sunset so you can see the Sin City all lit up at night from the Linq. If you're going to Vegas with a group, you can rent a Linq pod (idk if that's what they're called) and have a little party sans alcohol in the pod for you and your peeps.
- Gondola ride at the Venetian. I've seen this and it looks like it would be so much fun. It's totally affordable too. This would be fun to get dressed up for and do a photoshoot with it. I totally should add shopping as a fun sober activity to do, especially in Vegas with all of the incredible shopping options, but I'm not much of a shopper on vacations. I'd rather play and experience the culture.
- Bellagio water show. This runs throughout the day, but you definitely want to catch it in the evening when it lights up and dances with the music. It runs every 30 minutes from 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Monday through Friday, and every 15 minutes 8:00 PM - midnight. On weekends and holidays, the fountains are on full display every 30 minutes from noon - 8:00 PM and every 15 minutes from 8:00 PM - midnight. There's multiple ways you can experience the Bellagio water show: on the "sidewalk" off the Strip; staying in a room at the Bellagio (I did this but tbh I was drinking on that trip and I don't remember a lot of the specifics - I do remember you could turn on Bellagio TV and it was synchronized with the fountains); and dining at numerous restaurants. The video for this blog was taken at my sister's Doctor of Oriental Medicine graduation dinner at The Mayfair Supper Club. The restaurant was an incredible experience. The food was good too! I will write a separate blog on good vegan (plant based) eats because there are so many great options!
- Slotzilla. Ok, I honestly didn't know about this and it sounds like so much fun! Slotzilla is a 12 story slot machine and you can zipline across Fremont Street. Fremont Street is basically the OG Strip and it's gone through some renovations.
- Fremont Steet Experience. The Fremont Street Experience offers free concert series and so much more!
- ATV Tours. I just got back from my family vacation in the Dominican Republic and we did an ATV tour. It was so much fun! My advice is to make sure you have good eye protection (seriously consider wearing goggles) because the dirt really got to my eyes. Although I haven't experienced any of the Las Vegas ATV tours, there are a lot of options available that look super cool!
- Blackout Dine in the Dark. I haven't experienced Blackout yet, but I really want to! I spent about 10 years working with retina specialists on two specific disease states (macular degeneration and retinitis pigmentosa) where we made strides in fighting blindness. So this Blackout experience would mean a lot to me on so many levels. Listening to Prakruti (my co-mod in Sober Travels) describe her experience sealed the deal. She said it was pitch dark and the chef's did a great job at challenging your senses with their menu. At the end, the lights are turned on and you get to see what was on the menu. Blackout does work with dietary restrictions, so make sure to let them know your dietary preferences.
- Fly a Stunt Plane. This is for my adrenaline junkies!! My sister has done this and these are her exact words, "so much fu<&*ng fun".
- Escape Rooms. Although I haven't done an escape room in Vegas, I have done one in Prague and it was fun! Prakruti did The Official Saw Escape Room and said it was fun. She loves scary movies so this was right up her alley. I'd check it out with my girlfriends or family! Would you?
- Rage Rooms. These are also called Wreck Rooms. I haven't tried this yet either, but Prakruti has done one locally (she lives in a Chicago suburb) and said it was a great way to relieve tension. You get to choose your "weapon" to break things with. Some weapon choices include crowbars, bats, and hammers. I think it's great you get to go in and break sh*t, and then they clean up your mess! Sign me up!
- Machine Gun and other heavy weapons shooting ranges. There are a lot of these available in Vegas. I need to let you know I'm not a huge gun fan, but I must admit there is something sexy about shooting guns with your partner. I haven't gone to any of these ranges (yet), but I've gone to shooting ranges with my husband and it was HOT.🔥
- Apocalypse Vegas. This looks like so much fun! Book your 1.5 hour experience with former Army Rangers, Navy SEALS, Green Beret and Delta Force Operators to fight the zombie apocalypse. Apparently it's getting late and this blog is taking a turn to the dark side of fun things to experience in Las Vegas.😂
Stay close to this blog, because I will be editing it and updating it with more fun - and sober - activities to do in Vegas. And keep your eyes open for my plant based in Vegas blog!
Tag me on your Vegas adventures or if you have some more fun additions to add to this blog! I'll definitely give you credit!
If you would like to support me, you can contribute by buying me a coffee.☕️